Psychological assistance is a professional service provided by an expert trained in this field, based on impartiality, trust and confidentiality, on issues such as the development and adaptation of the individual in personal, social, professional or academic fields and the solution of their problems.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING AND GUIDANCE?
- To enable the individual to gain positive social skills and establish good interpersonal relationships
- To enable the individual to know themselves, to discover their talents, interests and skills
- To help them find the right way to overcome their emotional, cognitive, behavioral and social problems and to develop their problem-solving skills.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU NEED PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP?
- If you are having difficulty adapting to your environment or city,
- If you feel tense, stressed or angry,
- If you feel sad, helpless or hopeless,
- If you have problems in your relationships with people,
- If you think your life is not going well,
- If you are having trouble determining your career goals,
- If you want to know yourself better
- If you have difficulties in lessons and do not know how to study,
- If you want to talk to an expert about your feelings and thoughts that you cannot share with anyone,
- If you think that your characteristics such as shyness and perfectionism make your life difficult,
- If you do not feel well psychologically during the pandemic (Covid-19) process.
Applying to our unit will help you continue your life in a healthier way. Initial hesitation is normal. You will notice that you are more comfortable during the consultation process.
HOW DOES THE PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING AND GUIDANCE PROCESS WORK?
- The psychological counseling process is an open and honest help based on confidentiality and mutual trust, with impartial and unconditional acceptance.
- In the unit, short or long-term individual psychological counseling services are provided. Sessions continue with the techniques determined by the expert in line with the needs of the person.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING AND GUIDANCE UNIT?
- The service offered in the unit is FREE.
- Appointments can be made by coming to the unit, on the phone or via e-mail. On the date of the appointment, the consultant makes a preliminary interview, determines the roadmap and plans the next appointments.
- The counselee attends the meeting at the unit on the day and time of the appointment, and informs the unit at least 24 hours in advance in cases where he or she will not come. Interviews last 40-50 minutes.
- Sessions continue online during the pandemic process.
- The unit is located on the ground floor of Mimar Sinan Campus, Block B (Student Center), room Z19.
- The unit operates between 08:00 and 17:00 on weekdays
- Working days: It serves every day of the week.
- Unit phone: Mimar Sinan Campus: 300 32 54
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING
- The psychologist does not recommend medication. If necessary, referral to a psychiatrist is made.
- The names and information of those who come to the unit are kept confidential. It is never written in the files of the personnel or the transcripts of the students.
- Change is not an easy process. It is a process in which the client also strives and is active. Depending on the situation, negotiations may continue for a long time. It should be noted that the consultant does not have a magic wand.
- People who receive psychological counseling services do not have to have deep problems. Consultancy can be obtained on the issues you need in every area of your life.
HOW DO OUR ONLINE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND GUIDANCE SERVICES AND THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK?
- During the fight against the Covid-19 Pandemic, our Psychological Counseling and Guidance Unit and our Health Unit provide online support services to our distance education students and staff.
Psych. Nesrin TÜRKER
Psychological Counseling and Guidance Unit
SELF HELP BROCHURES